Friday, September 11, 2009

A dedication to 9/11


It's crazy to think that 8-years from today one of the most horrific events to hit NYC took place, leaving families to mourn for the lost of their loved ones and breaking the hearts of Americans all across the country.

I was in high school when the planes hit the twin towers and 9/11 became the first day I listened to my gut and followed it. I remember that morning waking up and not wanting to leave my home. I didn't quite know why but I just did not want to go. This was weird for me because normally my seasonal laziness didn't kick in until 3 months after starting school, but I digress.

On my way to school I ended up getting off the train the stop before it headed over the bridge to enter Manhattan -- where my school was -- and went back home. After getting home and turning on the TV, I literally saw the second plane pierce through one of the towers; it was heart breaking to say the least. I was so paranoid following the event that I didn't go near the city or a train for that matter for almost 2 weeks.

On this day, I want to send out my condolences to those who have lost love one's and family members as a result of this tragic event. One of my teachers on the morning of 9/11 walked out of the school to tend to her fiance who worked in the buildings; she never returned. We are a stronger breed because of it and our love and passion runs deeper than the eye can see even if the stain of that day still remains. May they all rest in peace.

Post a Comment

On the charts...