Tuesday, April 28, 2009

M.Y. Tuesday Time Machine: 1968-You're All I Need To Get By


This song really needs no introduction at all but because I absolutely adore it, I think giving details on its origination is so important and priceless. "You're All I Need To Get By" is a timeless classic performed by the soulful Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell.

This song was released in July of 1968 and was deemed a summer hit. Written by Nickolas Ashford and Valerie Simpson (who form the duo Ashford and Simpson) it combines the soothing sounds of R&B with a splash of soul and gospel.


Youre All I Need To Get By - Marvin Gaye

It has been remade by practically everyone including Mary J. Blige and Method Man all the way to the proclaimed Queen of Soul Ms. Aretha Franklin and Diana Ross. The single peaked at number 1 on Billboards Hot Soul Singles in 1968 and remained there for 5 weeks.

Post a Comment

On the charts...