Thursday, December 9, 2010

Soulja Boy + 2.5 Million Twitter Followers + 13,000 Album Sales = M.I.A. Rapper


I said it once and I'll say again: the amount of followers a celebrity has does not necessarily equate to the success they can see due to said followers. I'll lay off my assessment as I don't want to pour salt on the wound.

It seems Soulja Boy is taking a much needed break from social networking as told by his MIA presence on Twitter since Tuesday, odd for someone who doesn't miss a minute to tweet. Interestingly enough, this was the same time news spread that his highly promoted album The DeAndre Way was estimated to only move 13,000 copies in its first week.

Now the only reason why this draws any attention is because of SB's follower count, a count that many music artists and celebrities alike put so much emphasis on having.

Soulja Boy has over 2 million followers and out of those 2 million, only 13,000 bought albums?! A bit embarrassing, but a reality check for all.

We just hope he's just taking a break.

Post a Comment

On the charts...