Monday, August 2, 2010

[NEWS] Hip-Hop Gets Bitten By The Love Bug: Swizz Beatz/Alicia Keys and T.I. Jump The Broom

Gone are the days when we as fans would drop our jaws at the news that a rapper we thought we knew was actually married and happy. I can recall the shock I experienced when I found out that LL Cool J was married with kids. That shock was on the same level of when I found out that Ice Cube had the same scenario going on behind closed doors.

Swizz Beatz and T.I. are definitely not secretive about their boos. Nothing made that more clearer than the weddings these two Hip-Hop gems held this weekend.





Swizz Beatz and singer Alicia Keys held an intimate wedding ceremony in France over the weekend after exchanging vows in the states. Alicia wore a Vera Wang original topped off with a tiara and Swizz Beatz rocked a Tom Ford tuxedo. Even Swizz's oldest son Nasir was present for the nuptials.



As for T.I. and longtime girlfriend Tameka "Tiny" Cottle, the two held two wedding ceremonies; one at a Miami beach courthouse and another on the celebrity playground Star Island off the coast of Miami, FL. The couple rode in on a horse drawn carriage and were serenaded by El Debarge. The capped their evening off by flying back to their hometown of Atlanta, Georgia and later Las Vegas to party the night away.



SideNote: I don't think my budget will be able to keep up with these rich folks and their new trend of having more than one wedding...I just can't...

July 2010 was really the month of marriages and is proving that Hip-Hop artists need love too :O).

Photos: UsMagazine/Twitter

Post a Comment

On the charts...