Monday, February 15, 2010

Jay-Z Says "'We Are The World' To Me Will Forever Be Untouchable"

Over the weekend, Jay-Z and basketball player LeBron James held their 4th Annual 2 Kings Dinner in Dallas, Texas and while on the red carpet at the event, Jay-Z answered questions pertaining to the remake of "We Are The World."

The song that was remade in honor of its 25th anniversary as well as a form of awareness and avenue for people to donate to the earthquake stricken Haiti, included solos that were performed by T-Pain, Lil Wayne and Akon with auto-tune and also featured solos from Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Jennifer Hudson and Mary J. Blige to name a few.

Though done with great motive, the remake has received ample criticism with much reason; and now rapper Jay-Z is giving his $0.02 about the song explaining that the original is untouchabele.

I know that everybody gonna take this wrong...but I think "We Are The World" is like "Thriller"...to me I don't ever want to see it touched. I appreciate the efforts and everything, but "We Are The World" to me will forever be untouchable.

And I agree....

I understand that the song is best reflecting what music is today but I just think that it could have been executed better. The use of auto-tune 2 years after it was seen as popular and is now seen as played out is a no, no and a music fopaux.

Yes it was done for a good cause, but putting together material and going off of the fact that its for a good cause thinking  no one will really criticize it, is cheating the full potential of music and the healing powers it embodies.

The good news is not everyone hated it, some people were quite moved by the remake.

Here's a video of Jay-Z talking about the remake.


Post a Comment

On the charts...