Saturday, February 13, 2010

Video Premiere: Various Artists 'We Are The World' (Remake)


Here is the video premiere of the remake of "We Are The World" - a song that was originally written by Lionel Richie and the late Michael Jackson.

The original version of the song is officially celebrating its 25th anniversary and they thought it would be a good idea to remake the song with brand new artists. This recording included over 80 artists from various genres. Some of the artists that got solos were Usher, Fergie, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Wyclef Jean, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Mary J. Blige and Toni Braxton to name a few.

All of the proceeds from this song is said to go towards the relief efforts in Haiti.

Because it is a song for a good cause I will reserve some of my thoughts out of fear that the universe will slap me in my mouth...however, I have to say that the song could have done without some of the characters that surprisingly received solos. Where was Jazmine Sullivan, John Legend, Jill Scott, Melanie Fiona, Alicia Keys,Lady Gaga, Estelle? I was even looking for a solo from Beyonce and... :gasp: Rihanna.

....And the auto-tune did very little justice.

The perfectionist in Michael would not have let some of what appeared in the song leave the cutting room floor, but hey.

Enjoy it for the good cause and the motive behind it, because it really is a beautiful song. As for me, simply because I adore the classics, the original "We Are The World" (the song that inspired many elementary school graduates who sang it at their graduations during the 90's) will remain in my iPod.

Post a Comment

On the charts...