Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Akon Says Lady Gaga Is A Blessing

There is no doubt that Lady Gaga has come in like a silent storm and has successfully taken over the genre of pop, crazy fashion and all.

What most people don't know is that pop's problem child is the spawn of Akon....in other words, Gaga is signed to hip-hop artist Akon's label KonLive under Interscope Records' umbrella...ella, ella...of course.

That's right, we have Akon to thank for all of Gaga's, Gaga.

In a recent interview with the Associated Press, Akon talked Lady Gaga and what her success has done for him thanks to his gut feeling that told him to give her a shot and now he is thanking his lucky stars that he did.

"Yo, I want to sign that right there. She needs to be under my umbrella. Jimmy was like, 'Yeah, whatever you want. Take her. Let's get it done.' And she just blossomed into a super megastar, man."

"She's pretty much retired me. She was definitely a blessing. She came at the right moment. I'm glad I believed in her, boy. That goes to show you, if you believe in something strong enough, it will pay off."

I guess opposites really do attract.

Starpulse

Post a Comment

On the charts...