Friday, October 2, 2009

Lloyd explains the Ciara 'Hollywood B*tches' comment


In case you missed it, ex-The Inc artist Lloyd did an interview with Hip Hop Weekly where he was asked about his soured friendship with Ciara.

Apparently, the two attended high school in Atlanta together and had been cool well into both of their careers. Eventually, they would lose touch causing their friendship to dissolve because of Ciara's fame.

Lloyd felt that Ciara was letting her celebrity get to her head and he wasn't feeling it and decided to cut her out of his life.

In said interview, Lloyd said that he didn't "f*ck with Hollywood b*tches" and that was the type of person Ciara became.

Word got out that Lloyd called Ciara a "b*tch" (which technically he didn't, however, putting b*tch in the same sentence as a woman's name may spark gossip) prompting him to release this blog post:

"Let’s set the record straight on my “Hollywood B*tches” comment in Hip Hop Weekly. I said what I said and I stand by it. But read exactly what I said, then judge me. The truth is, I don’t fuck with Hollywood B*tches (or Hollywood Ni**as for that matter). No, I’m not calling Ciara a b*tch, I’m saying that I think celebrity status changed her for the worse, and because of that, we don’t get down anymore.

Yesterday I spoke to CiCi for the first time in years. I called her to explain my comments and to let her know how I felt about the situation. We had a good one-on-one conversation that will remain between us. I respect and I love CiCi like family, but sometimes family are the only ones that will tell you the truth. I’m sure I could have found a better way to tell her, but what’s done is done. We’re moving on.

The funny thing is, this Ciara question was the last question in the HHW interview. At first, I lied and made up some answer to make it seem like we were still cool. But when I hung up the phone, I felt like I shoulda just kept it real, so I called back and answered the question honestly. Maybe a little too honestly. But fair is fair, if I start acting Hollywood, someone that knew me before the fame should call me out too. I wish CiCi the best."

Well, Ciara couldn't be too Hollywood, she answered her phone when he called.

I think the whole thing was done very coward like on Lloyd's part. If you haven't sat down and spoke to Ciara about your feelings regarding her evolving character, why take those details elsewhere and expect people to just sit on it?

Lloyd did the right thing with calling her up and talking to her about the situation. Maybe now he will learn that keeping it real is not always the wisest thing to do when the cat had your tongue prior to you spilling the beans. Besides, I doubt it is good for him to use terms like "b*tch" when a good majority of his fan base are women and not all women embrace that title.

Ciara on the other hand must be loving this free promotion she is getting courtesy of bitter Lloyd. She is currently working on her follow-up album to Fantasy Ride that is scheduled for release in early 2010.

Post a Comment

On the charts...