Friday, October 2, 2009

T-Pain apologizes to Jay-Z...what for?




Here is a freestyle from T-Pain over Drake's "Successful" beat.

In his freestyle, T-Pain addresses the Jay-Z rant and auto-tune ish and even speaks up about his wife that everyone has an opinion on.

I have to say that I am very impressed with T-Pain and his effort in addressing the naysayers who have had negative comments surrounding his wife. Some people say things just because they know they can say it, but would never open their mouths to repeat it to the person's face. He kept it ultra real in his verse, my favorite line being when he said that she was with him 3-years before the check; that speaks volumes, loves it!

As for the Jay-Z situation, I really just do not care anymore.

I'm over it, we are in October. 2009 is almost over let's move on to bigger and better things...

I happen to like a lot of Jay's material and think that he is a phenomenal performer but this whole bowing down and asking for an exemption from this whole "auto-tune is dead" ish is getting annoying and excruciatingly weak.

Everyone was through with the sounds of auto-tunes way before Jay opened his mouth about it, no one needed Jay to declare the death of anything (though it did make me smile like one of those kids from the Oscar Mayer commercials). By the time he said it was dead we had already spread its ashes over the Atlantic months ago.

My advice to T-Pain is to do what he does. If his fans are as loyal as they claim to be they won't be affected by what anyone has to say regarding him or the software. Good music speaks louder than hate. I for one have always hated auto-tune, check the M.Y. files for verification.

Post a Comment

On the charts...