Monday, October 26, 2009

Al Sharpton rewards Joe Jackson and says the world needs more fathers like him


Is it April fools already? It would have to be for this to hold any precedence. Imagine my surprise when I opened up an email that held this tidbit of information. Apparently, Rev. Al Sharpton presented Joe Jackson with an award for I guess being Joe Jackson.

The actual reason for the award was not presented according to the New York Daily News, but what Al said is what almost made me vomit roses like Kanye.

"The arrogance of [people] attacking a man for being a stern father," Sharpton said. "I wish we had more stern fathers - then we wouldn't be shooting each other up." -via NY Daily News.

Hmmm....uh....no.

Yes, having fathers in the lives of children is very essential for their growth and upbringing but the sterness is not the problem, it's Joe's greed but I humbly digress.

I mean, thanks Joe for the Jackson 5 but it really does stop there.

My problem with Al is that every time he takes one step forward he always finds a way to take two steps backwards. I personally admire Al Sharpton for his courage to stand up for issues that others tend to turn a blind eye to, but this right here is just embarrassing and one of the reasons why people have a hard time taking him seriously.

Michael has said on numerous occasions how much he disliked his father for his abusive ways. I for one am all for a good tap when a child is acting out of place, however, Joe took his @$$ whoppings to a whole new level; one that can loosely be compared to the kinds folks received living on the plantation, but again I digress.

Not to mention Joe's obsession with wanting to control their lives when they were well into ages where controlling needed to cease.

Al did a great job at Michael's memorial service but seriously that is where the praises needed to stop. At this point, Al needs to release his lips off of Joe's tush and send that man on his merry way. He has milked MJ's death enough.

In fact, the whole family got me side eyeing them. As soon as Michael is put in the ground all of a sudden everyone wants to resurrect their music careers and announce future projects after being missing from the limelight since jheri curls. Whatever.

Post a Comment

On the charts...