Thursday, September 3, 2009

Jay-Z preps new album


Workaholic much? Blueprint 3 is due in stores September 11th and Jay is already prepared to start working on a new album, this one a mixtape. Jay told MTV that he is looking to make this album a more "experimental piece". Because he loves music so much he wants to express it in a more eclectic album.

The way music is right now, I am just willing to hear any music that is deemed good. I get so exhausted with listening to bad music...you know, it's my kyptonite. He had this to say about his new album.


"My next album, which I'm working on now -- that's exclusive, no one knows that -- is gonna be the album that really ... it's not gonna be a #1 album. That's where I'm at right now. I wanna make the most experimental album I ever made. But let's not deal with that now; I want to deal with The Blueprint 3."
I recently wrote an album review for Blueprint 3 on my Hip-Hop column and it garnered a lot of mixed feelings. In my personal opinion, the album is different for Jay. It's not one of his best albums to date but it is a relief to the pile of nothing that is circulating around, which is actually a damn shame when one can say that without hesitation. The album shows a more mainstream meets raw side of Jay-Z with his lyricism being more concrete. To get what he is saying you have to actually use your ears and your mind. As for the beats, they are phenomenal and the best I've heard in a while.

Post a Comment

On the charts...