Sunday, February 8, 2009

Snoop leaves Interscope Records


In an interesting turn of events, it has just been reported that Snoop Dogg has parted ways with his longtime record label Interscope. Snoop has seen a lot of success with Interscope releasing Doggystyle in 1993 that ended up going quadruple platinum according to RIAA.

This is not the first time that Snoop has left Interscope. In 1998 Snoop left Death Row/Interscope and spent a little time on Master P's label No Limit Records. He eventually returned to Interscope where he released three albums signed under Geffen Records.

As of right now there is no word what Snoop's plans are but I'm sure he has a bright future ahead of him.

In my opinion, I think he needs to start his own label and put out albums under it. He has a very solid fan base and doesn't need the assistance of any major labels unless of course for promotion; but I'm sure he can handle it. I'll keep you posted.

{Source}

Post a Comment

On the charts...