Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ron Isley Says He Misses Jail

While T.I. is penning letters to his fans from his jail cell about how tired he is of jail and actor Wesley Snipes is beginning his 3 year bid behind bars after dodging his sentence for the past couple of years, living legend Ron Isley has nothing but good things to say about prison.

In case you missed it, Ron Isley was sentenced to prison in 2006 for tax evasion and spent 3 years behind bars.

Isley recently spoke with the Associated Press about his new album Mr. I (released November 30), how getting back into the swing of things is exciting again, along with his jail stint.

When asked about his time in prison, Ron Isley said that he missed his time in prison (more so the people) and mentioned how he was treated like a king.

In his words,

"I made a lot of friends. I was treated like a king. I had all of the respect that one would want. And it's a part of that that I miss — when I say I miss, I miss the people that I met," said the 69-year-old with the golden tenor.

"When I first went in there, there were 300 people there and those 300 people were behind me 100 percent, and when I say 100 percent, I really mean that," he added. "'What can we get for you? Do you need this, do you need that?' ... 24 hours a day, and that's a blessing." {Source}

Post a Comment

On the charts...