Thursday, November 4, 2010

Why Is Nicki Minaj Denying That She Fired Shots At Lil Kim On 'Roman's Revenge'?

For the past week or so, I have been hearing about Nicki Minaj's verse on her song "Roman's Revenge" that also featured Eminem. I heard the song and was impressed for two reasons:

1) Nicki was able to hold her own alongside Eminem. Eminem has been known on many occasions to take the shine away from some of the artists he collaborates with often times killing rappers on their own sh*t, so kudos to her.

and...

2) Nicki finally went live with her thoughts regarding other female rappers and their loose lips. We have been waiting for her to respond to some of the rappers both underground and well-known who have been talking slick about Nicki; and when she finally did say something about it, she came out swinging.

But now that the single is out and everyone has connected the dots, Nicki is saying that the song was not about the one person we all assumed it to be about...why?

In a recent interview with DJ Khaled on his radio show in Miami, Khaled asked Nicki about her verse and if it was about Kim. Nicki denied it but then went on to contradict herself.

No, I’m talking about everyone who has been in interviews talking and I think it’s good for people to hear me respond to ….People have said so much about me, So I don’t ever single anyone out because no one is worth being singled out. No one is worth having their name mentioned out of my mouth and they never will get that.

I’ve been quiet for such a long time and I’ve been the nice guy. I’ve been the person that gave everyone their props. I’ve complimented everybody from day one. I think that as a rapper, you can’t be a rapper and not speak on things being said about you. I use my music to say what I have to say. {Source}

So... then she is talking about Kim, right?

The key phrase being "No, I'm talking about everyone who has been in interviews and I think it’s good for people to hear me respond to." Why not just admit to what everyone knows is true? The main person that has been in interviews downplaying Nicki's greatness has been Kim or am I mistaken?

No one is asking for a single out, but a simple yes I was talking about Kim along with other female rappers who have been talking out the side of their neck about my success would have done just well.

Just a thought.

It's not to say that you become classless because you acknowledge beef. To me, Nicki's denial is similar to a person who throws a rock and then hide their hands.

Either way, some are waiting to see what Lil Kim has to say about this, although most are convinced that Nicki may have knocked her out.

Post a Comment

On the charts...