Monday, November 8, 2010

VIDEO: Kelly Price, Marsha Ambrosius, Jill Scott, & Ledisi Steal The Show At 'Black Girls Rock'


I got a chance to catch the 5th annual Black Girls Rock Awards last night on BET (which was the first time the awards was televised) and was blown away.

The performances, the honorees speeches, and the overall energy of the event was awe inspiring and worth the watch.

Although I loved everything about the award show, the rendition of Nina Simone's "Four Women" did it for me.

All of the women held their own (although Marsha didn't know how to turn off the acrobats for Chaka's "Im Every Woman" at the conclusion of the show) and did the job of drawing the crowd into the lyrics with their superb singing abilities.

Would it be too much to ask for a collaborative album from these ladies? I'll add it to my wish list...

Post a Comment

On the charts...