Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kanye West Covers XXL: 'In A Way, I Had Thrown A Molotov Cocktail At My Own Career'

"The relationship with the public and with your fans is like the relationship with your girlfriend" - Kanye West

Kanye West is XXL's cover boy for their October issue. I love the dual natures to match his Gemini quality...maybe I'm looking too deep?

Being the Kanye we know, he took total control over the issue, penning the cover story himself in his very first article.

Kanye also served as the creative director on his own 40-page section set to appear in the special collector’s issue.

In the issue, he talks more about the VMA debacle involving Taylor Swift and how he felt he messed up his career with his decision to hop on stage to tell the world that Beyonce had the best video of...well, you know the rest.

“I stress that the incident wasn’t about Taylor personally. And it definitely wasn’t about race. Where I messed up is, at the end of the day, it’s your show, Taylor. It’s your show, MTV....I knew I wasn’t in a great spot publicly after the incident, but I would just block it out and work as hard as possible and let my work be my saving grace,” he shared. “In a way, I had thrown a Molotov cocktail at my own career, and it gave me an opportunity, for the first time, to go away and find out who I was. Because I felt very alone." {Source}

Everyone including Kanye really need to build a friggin bridge and skip across it, I mean damn!

It's been a year and it really wasn't as serious as it has been blown into. Kanye's career has always been fine, we all know that despite popular consensus. We know you got a mouth on you child, we know.

Had he just dropped his "Power" single and kept on with life no one would even be concerned with this VMAs incident that is now like the awkward child at daycare.

Although I'm sure this spread was done months ago, it really is tiring recalling that infamous night.

Let it go. Nothing to see her folks...

If I never hear about this again it will be too soon.

Oh, this issue of XXL will hit newsstands on September 28.

Post a Comment

On the charts...