Friday, August 20, 2010

Listen: New Music From Kanye West (Feat. Jay-Z) 'Power (Remix)'

I'm on my Van Gogh, I don't hear sh*t - Kanye West

Here is the remix to Kanye's monster track "Power" featuring Jay-Z. This track was produced by Kanye himself along with Swizz Beatz and features a small sample of  Snap's "The Power."

I wasn't impressed. I loved the beginning with Jay-Z adding his verse even though I felt he could have given us more. The switch up with the sample from "The Power" paired with Swizz's voice all over it just confused me. Too much for an already great track. I would have loved to hear a bevy of rappers on the track instead of the random switch up. Then again it's Kanye and he doesn't do anything by the book.



I did like the fact that Kanye's verse in the switch sounded like a freestyle which was refreshing given the new rehearsed atmosphere in Hip-Hop when it comes to music. It might grow on me, but as for now I'll keep the original "Power" on heavy rotation on the Pod and pass on this one *shrug*.

SideBar: Lol @ the Taylor Swift reference. I see they are trying to get some of the same controversy attention profited off of...

What do y'all think?

Post a Comment

On the charts...