Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rapper Eve Reveals How An Encounter With Mase Changed Her Life [Video]

Last night, VH1 aired the Behind The Music episode chronicling the life and career of Eve. Her story is an interesting one and even that description is an understatement.

Besides discussing her time as a stripper at the age of 17 and her various bouts with depression as well as highlighting her Grammy win and landing the starring role in a sitcom, her episode revealed a fact that I knew nothing about.

It turns out, rapper-turned-pastor-turned-rapper again Mase played a key role in Eve giving up stripping and focusing her full attention on pursuing a rap career.

Eve revealed in her episode that when she was a stripper at a club in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Mase walked into the club one night and Eve caught his eye.

He asked her what her name was and of course she lied and gave him a bunch of pseudo names but he later asked to speak with her privately.

During their private conversation, Mase told Eve that she was talented and that she didn’t belong in a strip club. Taking note of that, Eve made the life changing decision to give up stripping for good.

In Eve’s words,

“He [Mase] came into the club and looked at me and literally was like ‘what’s your name?’ and I gave him every stripper name under the sun. I was like I’m Ginger, I’m Sassy. And he’s like why don’t you get dress, let’s just go talk and we did. We talked throughout the night. He was like you’re really talented. Like, you’re, this is not…what are you doing? You know you’re not supposed to be here, you know it. It was a confirmation for me that all these thoughts, all this sadness, all these times where I wake up in the morning and I’m like why do I feel like this and I know I’m not supposed to be there. It just woke me up.”

Mase has been giving guidance to people for a while huh?!

Check out the clip of the episode when you…




Post a Comment

On the charts...