Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Is There A Lauryn Hill Comeback In The Works?

Many of us have been practically begging for Lauryn Hill to make a return to music. I will refrain from sounding like a broken record on the hmmm-ok talent that is ever so big in entertainment today, I will instead say that the biz is missing Lauryn Hill terribly.

The singer recently broke her silence in an NPR interview when she discussed why she took a hiatus from music and what she plans to bring to the table when she records again.

As for her absence, in her words:

"There were a number of different reasons why I left, but partly, the support system that I needed was not necessarily in place. There were things about myself, personal-growth things, which I had to go through in order to feel like it was worth it. In fact, as musicians and artists, it's important we have an environment and I guess when I say environment; I really mean the music industry that really nurtures these gifts."

As for an upcoming album, Lauryn did not reveal any release dates or even an album title. She did say what she planned to do when she does record.

Lauryn feels that her last recordings including those done with her group The Fugees and her debut album The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill showcased more of her Hip-Hop side and not much of her singing ability. She revealed that she plans to do more singing if and when she does record a new album.

I definitely would be open to hearing Lauryn sing more. To be honest, I'll take anything with her name on it. She has a very original and distinct sound. Hopefully, there will be a healthy balance of both her singing and rapping because her lyrical skills are simply unmatched and is the perfect blend of creativity, appealing style and conscious words.

Post a Comment

On the charts...