Friday, February 6, 2009

Russell's Challenge to Bill O'Reilly


I have to admit, I have been enjoying the celebrity blogging over at globalgrind.com and it might just be doing it's part. In a recent blog, Russell Simmons calls out Bill O'Reilly to address the Hip Hop community by having discussions with the Hip Hop community, through blogging.

Here is is the post from Russell's blog,

"I publicly accept your invitation to appear on the Bill O'Reilly show on FOX News in response to my blog. But Bill, I need you to address the hip-hop community directly.

Most people don't know that you and I have been friendly and socially connected or couldn't imagine that we were both at a mutual friends dinner just last week.... We have had many debates about the hip hop community. But I think you would learn something important and different from having blog discussions with others here at Global Grind.

You could benefit from receiving their more passionate responses if you would have a direct communication with them instead of just the "yogic" calm responses that you will get from me. So, I respectfully ask again for a blog from you to the community pointing out your opinions about their impact on society.

I have been on your show before, yet this is an opportunity to expand the dialogue to include many more of the other artists and celebrity bloggers on Global Grind. FOX says that they are "fair and balanced." What would be more fair and balanced than for you to communicate with the hip-hop community to promote a better understanding of the culture.

Of course this will provide us with the opportunity to have a more productive conversation when I am on your show.

-Russell Simmons"


I think that this is a great idea and it will show how real Mr. O'Reilly really is. There is a huge difference from when you are throwing stones from a far than when you get up close and personal with the people you are throwing stones at.

Bill O'Reilly has been everything but mum on the subject of rappers and Hip Hop and has openly expressed his disgust with both entities. If he is an intelligent man (not just book smart) than this will allow him to have an open mind. We'll see how this pans out, I'll keep you posted.

Post a Comment

On the charts...