Wednesday, February 11, 2009

M.Y. Album Review: Ryan Leslie-Ryan Leslie



I am officially a Ryan Leslie fan! This album is full of body moving, eyes closed finger snapping enjoyable music. Ryan delivers with his very first self-titled album and gives us a reason to love R&B again. The producer/songwriter turned artist, gives us a mixture of rap and sultry melodic vocality that would melt the heart of an ice queen.

Just when I thought the only hot songs on the album would be the club banger "How It Was Supposed To Be" and the notable "Addiction", the 12 track album shuts me up; I didn't think that this was possible!

M.Y. Favorite Tracks


  • Addiction

  • You're Fly

  • Quicksand

  • Irina

  • Gibberish

Let's talk about "Gibberish". That has got to be the most clever track I have heard in such a long time. The song is just that, gibberish; humming and vocal riffs with the accompaniment of auto-tunes take the place of lyrics. And somehow, it is one of my favorites. I've said this once and I'll say it again, a wise man once said that you can tell if a song is a hit just from listening to the first 5 seconds of it, and this theory applies to this album. Practically all of the songs on the album is a hit. What I'm saying is that the entire album is f.i.r.e.!


I honestly thought that Ryan Leslie wouldn't be something to write home about for the simple fact that there has been very little promotion for the album; but I was thankfully mistaken. This album is a hidden gem and so is Ryan. Neyo just might have himself a little competition. Ryan Leslie is in stores now.


Ryan Leslie is certified...





M.Y. Ear Candy!

Post a Comment

On the charts...