Friday, November 12, 2010

[NEWS] Kanye West Cancels 'Today Show' Performance 'For Obvious Reasons'

Kanye West is still not over his train wreck of an interview with The Today Show's Matt Lauer. So much so, the outspoken MC has decided to cancel his performance on the show that was scheduled to take place on Friday, November 26.

West took to his Twitter early this morning to announce that he will not be obliging The Today Show with a performance following his interview with Matt Lauer that he described as being "brutal."


"I'm not performing on the 'Today' show for obvious reasons," Kanye wrote via his Twitter. The "Monster" rapper is currently in Dubai where he is scheduled to perform in a live concert. "I'm so happy that my real fans are not as "basic" as the media makes them out to be..."

"Do you guys see what I'm saying now?" West continued. "This is just a small slice of the day-to-day bullsh-- that goes on that helps to precipitate the idea that I['m] such an a--hole. Cause when I don't perform 'Oh Nooow I'm the one that's crazy or a jerk.' "

Kanye did go on to say that he does not hate Matt Lauer for his part in the interview and that he accepts Matt and The Today Show's "future apology."

I mean, Kanye has every right to feel however he feels. The way the interview was conducted you could tell they had plans to have him appear a certain way which was not close to being in a positive light.

Although I feel Kanye did his best to maintain his cool, there is so much cool you can maintain when you are being bombarded with redundant questions and forced to apologize for something you solemnly don't feel is necessary to apologize for even if he acted like a diva.

I'm still trying to understand how it was determined that Kanye called George Bush a racist just from his statement, but I digress because that's a debate I'm in no mood to get in to.

At the end, Kanye had no business doing the interview in the first place.

Kanye probably feels a "special live concert on the plaza" is not needed hen Rolling Stone just rated his new LP My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy 5 stars.

I do wonder though, did the reps for The Today Show know he wasn't going to perform before or after the tweet?

Related Stories:
  1. Kanye West vs. Matt Lauer on The Today Show
  2. Rolling Stone rates Kanye's new LP 5 stars

Post a Comment

On the charts...