Monday, November 22, 2010

AMAs 2010: People Were Not Impressed With Rihanna's Vocals (Video)

Photo: Getty Images

Last night, the American Music Awards aired live from the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, California, awarding the artists in their designated genres and their musical contributions.

The performances for the night were lukewarm -- which isn't much of a surprise given the current climate of award show performances not being up to par. But still the mess was entertaining.

There was no Hip-Hop and R&B; it was straight Pop no chaser.

The opening act for the night was Rihanna who performed a 7+ minute medley of songs that appear on her new LP Loud in stores now.

I commented on Rihanna's vocals via my Twitter, pointing out how I felt she improved vocally.

Most people disagreed...wholeheartedly.

I'll admit, when she first started out it sounded good, but after taking another listen to her performance, it wasn't as great as I thought.


The positive, however, is that Rihanna was entertaining. She showed personality, was confident, and she was fun to look watch which I'm sure her people were hoping to bank off of.

The fact still remains though, people are still not happy with her vocally and I doubt they ever will be.

I wasn't blown away by her voice, but I wasn't disappointed either.

Post a Comment

On the charts...