Wednesday, June 30, 2010

[NEWS] Eminem's 'Recovery' debuts at #1 Selling 741K In Its First Week

This is yet another reason why I say that people are still buying albums. Case in point: Eminem and his album Recovery.

According to Billboard, Eminem's sixth studio album Recovery made its first week debut at number 1 on the Hot 200 charts moving 741,000 copies. Out of the 741,000 copies, those who didn't want a physical copy of the album, 255,000 downloaded it digitally.

This is an impressive number of copies to sell considering that the album leaked two weeks before its official release date.

Eminem has a lot of devoted fans, fans that are very loyal. I'll be honest, when Eminem first came out I wasn't a fan of his style. He was too animated and vulgar for my taste. But after I was formally introduced to his work and really listened to his words, I realized that Eminem was an uncut diamond, raw but still appealing.

Post a Comment

On the charts...