Wednesday, June 16, 2010

NEWS // Drake's 'Thank Me Later' Set To Debut At #1, Projected To Sell 450k+

In a rather bleak music industry where $.99 singles seem a lot more appealing than $9.99 albums, it appears that Drake's highly anticipated LP Thank Me Later will make its debut in the top spot.

According to Hits Daily Double, Thank Me Later is projected to sell 450-470k in its first week.

Though it stops just short of going gold, a lot can happen between now and next week.

I still haven't gotten a chance to hear the album but I've heard some good things about it as well as some bad, so I'll reserve judgment until I get my hands on it.

Meanwhile, Drake has released a statement to AllHipHop.com regarding the near riot that broke out in NYC last night after a concert that he was to headline was canceled due to "an unruly crowd."

In Drake's words,

"I am humbled by the crowd that showed up in support of my performance and the release of Thank Me Later. I love performing for my fans but unfortunately the show was canceled by the NYPD due to over crowding, leaving me without the chance to give my fans a real show." {Source}

Post a Comment

On the charts...