Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Drake Ought To Stay Out Of The Nicki Minaj/Lil Kim Beef...







I was browsing MTV.com and stumbled upon a video of Drake discussing the new female "beef" (notice the quotations) of the moment, Nicki Minaj vs. Lil Kim.

Granted this time around, he was asked about his thoughts regarding the little quarrel between the two female faces of Hip-Hop, I still couldn't help but to get a little annoyed with his involvement.

Earlier, this month a video of Nicki Minaj and Drake performing in concert surfaced and on it Drake was heard addressing the beef. Of course he kept it respectful and that was cool and maybe it was done to get his name rolling off tongues, but whatever the case was, it really isn't necessary for him to address it especially with him being the new cat in the litter box.

Drake spoke with MTV about the "beef" and had this to say...

"I feel like Lil' Kim is a G in the game. I feel like you're a part of an era that's classic, that we'll never forget as young kids, me and Nick," he said of his Young Money family member. "You don't have to do that. You don't have to get onstage and tell people to pay homage; that's a given. I've watched Nicki pay homage time and time again. I didn't respect [Kim's comments] at all. Whoever else was onstage with her, I didn't respect that at all. You just wearing your heart on your sleeve. You're showing that you're upset. Nobody's done that to me yet. I would never expect Jay or 'Ye to get onstage and be like, 'Pay homage to me. You need to respect me.' They know they command my respect with their music and talent. I feel that's signs you're just losing it. I really did take that personally. That bothered me. I really don't get caught up with the Twitter and Internet stuff, but I did see it. And I feel like you're supposed to be a G. That just wasn't G to me at all."

I say let the ladies handle this on their own. It looks a bit wack for a gentleman to be involved in female drama.That last comment goes for Ray J as well...

Obviously, Nicki is not interested in playing this diss game with Lil Kim so why be the one? She appears to be able to fight her own battles so why fight them for her? I'm all for caring for the underdog, but like Power 105.1's Ed Lover said "I don't even fight for my sister, she can fight her own fights."

Plus, doesn't Drake have his own negative comments directed at him from other rappers to ward off?

As for this "beef", we all know where I stand on it...

Source

Post a Comment

On the charts...