Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Janelle Monae's Performance on Earned Letterman Will Bring Some Well Deserved Attention [Video]


Janelle Monae stopped by the David Letterman Show last night to perform her song "Tightrope" which is lifted from her newly released album The ArchAndroid.

The performance was more than just a show, it was an experience. Janelle is clearly cut from a different fabric and the same can be said about her performance style. You can tell that she was largely influenced by James Brown. The slip and slide leg movements paired with the cape was a dead giveaway.

I also never realized how small she was! I think she's smaller than me and I'm pretty petite (I always feel great when there is someone tinier than me!).

Anyway, for awhile Janelle Monae wasn't getting the attention she so rightfully deserves given her unique look and talent. This being her debut performance on network television and it being spectacular, shows that things are starting to look great for Janelle.

RR

Post a Comment

On the charts...