Monday, May 24, 2010

Can You Spot Janelle Monae?

Before everyone knew who Janelle Monae was and before she signed with Diddy's Bad Boy Records, Janelle Monae appeared in Outkast's video for the group's song "Morris Brown." That track was featured on Outkast's 6th studio album/soundtrack to their movie Idlewild.

Janelle had ultra personality in the video and I honestly can't believe that I didn't take notice before.




By the way, if you haven't listened to Janelle's new album ArchAndroid, when you do it will blow your mind. It's extremely theme filled and can be listened to from the beginning all the way to the end...actually I recommend that you do so. "Mushrooms and Roses" had me feeling a bit psychedelic (me no likes); however, it did add on to the pizazz that ArchAndroid had to offer.

Post a Comment

On the charts...