Wednesday, October 28, 2009

BET Hip Hop Awards: Freestyle Cypher


I completely forgot that BET's Hip-Hop awards were airing last night, I was busy with other projects.

Anyway, there has been a lot of talk regarding BET's cypher that saw appearances from KRS-One, Nicki Minaj, Eminem, Black Thought, Wale and Mos Def to name a few.

Out of the bunch, my favorites were Eminem, KRS-One and Black Thought.

What I liked about KRS, was the fact that he was actually freestyling. You know just by watching the video that he did not memorize or rehearse his rhymes before he recited them, something that showed with the other rappers that spit. Plus. he's just super interesting to listen to.




As always, Eminem killed them all with his wordplay; his words were on steroids that night. The guy is a genius.

I'll have to wait for the re-runs. From what I have been hearing, the award show it self was not worth writing home about. BET been slipping lately.

Post a Comment

On the charts...