Thursday, September 24, 2009

Video Premiere: Amerie-Heard 'Em All



Here is the new video from Amerie for her song "Heard 'Em All" off of her album In Love & War.

I am loving the fact that Amerie is stepping out of her comfort zone. I have always said that she has a sort of sensuality about her that she just hasn't tapped into yet; this video shows that she has started to find her sexy and in addition, sprinkled a little edge on for size.

On the other hand, I really do not like the song. I've said it once and I'll say it again, Amerie has the type of vocals that would sit beautifully on ballads or on tracks that tend to use natural instrumentation or soft sounds. That is one of the reasons why her voice sat pretty on the "1 Thing" track.

I'm not sure how her album is going to turn out. I haven't been blown away by any of the songs I've heard thus far. I am just hoping that we can get a song like "I Just Died" which appeared on her debut album All I Have.


I Just Died - Amerie

Video Rating: A yummy B+.

Post a Comment

On the charts...