Friday, August 28, 2009

New Music: Mariah Carey-I Want To Know What Love Is



Here is new music from Mariah (which is actually a cover) titled "I Want To Know What Love Is" from her new album Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel.

It hurts my heart to know that Mariah is not using her full vocal potential, or maybe she has used it all up. The song is nice, I just feel like she didn't take it there. The climax just seemed to have fallen flat.

The original was sung by Foreigner, a British-American rock band, and I feel the original should have remained untouched. This is the kind of song that is universally captivating no matter what the preferred genre of the listener is, but even after putting down my judge wand I still couldn't get into Mariah's version. But hey I'm sure the Mariah fans will love this, it is a bit of an improvement. I am still pulling for Memoirs.

Post a Comment

On the charts...