Friday, August 28, 2009

The Dream gets a new job


While there are those out there losing their jobs like I lose bobby pins, The Dream is landing big desk positions at record labels. Via his Twitter, The Dream announced the great news that he is now the Executive Vice President of Island Def Jam Records.

"I wanna Thank everyone at Island Records/Def Jam for their faith in me and making me Executive Vice President of Island Records. Thank you to my team. my manager Mark Stewart & my attorney Aaron Rosenberg for getting this 1st step of a goal accomplished. Thanks to Judy. Thank you to my partner Tricky Stewart and the RadioKilla & RedZone Staff. LA Reid, Karen Kwak, Steve Bartels, Joe Barino Steve Gotlieb and Thank you, Universal Chairman, Doug Morris.

I look forward to the challenge of rebuilding music for not only Island Records, But for Universal Records as a whole. Today I’m humbled and blessed. Oh yeah thank you Christina for your wonderful belief in me i love you! also i want to thank the entire Nash family and Milian family for the Super Support you Give! This doesnt mean i have extra money it means i have extra bills"


Uh...thanks Dream for the Grammy speech. Twitter is truly like the social networking PR system of the Internet. Anyhow, congratulations to him for this major accomplishment. Though he has the voice of a mosquito trapped in August heat, his songwriting skills are impressive and his ear for talent is refreshing. Wouldn't it be interesting if Christina returns to Def Jam again!

Post a Comment

On the charts...