Sunday, January 11, 2009

Chuck D proclaims, viva la hip hop woman!


Chuck D is ready to "Fight The Power" for the ladies in hip hop. The Public Enemy front man is tired of the fact that there is a drought of women in the hip hop game and is ready to do something about it.

Here is what Chuck had to say,

In ‘09, my fighting the power is for women in Hip-Hop, especially groups, producers, songwriters, and label heads.There are very, very few all women rap groups. Less than we had 25 years ago. I feel it is the next revolution in this 'same dude, same idea, same voice genre.’ I personally feel that the lack of groups on the male side has hurt, as well as production teams for the sake of soloists, across the board.


Finally!! I 100% agree, we need more females in hip hop. In fact, I asked for more female rappers in 09' in my letter to hip hop in 08' (<---check it out). This is great! I can't wait to see what happens. Speaking of female rappers, a video for the remix for Beyonce's "Diva" surfaced on the Internet the other day featuring Nina B, and her verse is fire! I cannot wait for an album from her. Check it out.



Image
Source

Post a Comment

On the charts...